I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Tuesday, March 20, 2007

bored again. uh-oh...

oh dear, this doesn't bode well for this term. although i guess i'll have a load of work to do once the term gets into swing. and hopefully the weather'll be nice so that i can go and laze around by the lake :-) it snowed last night, küsnacht was white when i (finally) got up. i overslept again, nearly missed the compiler design lecture and cause i was in such a hurry i forgot the piece of paper that said what room it was in. luckily the first one i stuck my head in and asked was the right one. i tried to check my schedule online but as usual the IT computers won't let me log on. it's really annoying! they only ever let me log on once every year or so (i am sooo not exagerating for once!!!). the ones in the main building are quite awful as well, but there i do usually manage to find one that takes pity on me. i don't know what i'd do if we didn't have our own (working!!! as in 'it lets me log on every time') systems up here in the ee department.

so, we have to write our own compiler. what fun. we can't even write an assembler program to read an integer from standard input, increment it and write it back to the command line... no, we're getting there, we just haven't found any proper documentation yet so we're trying random things. need to have a look at the architecture. i'm doing it with this random guy called pawel. but he looks nothing like pawel :-) short hair... not sure why i felt the need to write that, but it amused me... ah well

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)