I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Thursday, April 19, 2007

my blog is boring...

i just looked at the title of my last post... i did warn people that once i was back in switzerland my life would return to its old utter snooze-inducing (of course, that's why i keep oversleeping!) state and so my blog looses most of its entertainment value. no more true tails of me getting so drunk i get completely lost in the back garden... sad, isn't it... i'm sure my liver's quite grateful though ;-)

the polymesse'll be on again in a week or so. it's where loads of companies come to our university to try and find the few intelligent organisms that accidentally ended up here (i think there might be two of them) and get them to go work for them. so of course we're all talking about finding jobs once we're finished. that subject scares the shit out of me... but worse, somehow i've ended up thinking maybe it would just be easier to do a phd than find a job, put it off for a couple more years... waaahhhh!!! no no no! ariane mentioned that they're desperately looking for doctorate students at the iis (integrated systems lab) and suddenly i'm really tempted! luckily i can't do anything about it yet, have to sort out my master's first ;-) hopefully i'll come to my senses in time...

i'm much too susceptible to suggestions: i almost studied biology cause i went to an information day at the uni zurich and in the afternoon all the tours were full except biology so i went on that. no problem really, except that i HATE biology!!! and i had originally promised myself i wouldn't study at the eth, because it's such hard work, only i didn't remember that until the first year exams were a few weeks away by which point there was no way i was giving up unless they kicked me out... and they still haven't, wonders will never cease ;-)

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)