I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Tuesday, November 14, 2006

not well :-(

urgh, had a horrible day today. felt utterly sick when i got up this morning, so i crawled back in bed for a while trying to work myself up to a decision: either get up and go to work or phone in sick. in the end (about an hour later) i managed to make myself get up and have a go at going to work...

took me ages to get to the bus stop and i couldn't bear the thought of food so i didn't stop at somerfields for sandwiches. managed to get some more sleep on the bus as usual. i'm so glad i've learnt to sleep on the bus, i used to not be able to sleep in any moving vehicle. obviously i have now reached a state of such sleep deprivation that i can sleep anywhere (even at sreeni's desk, but i haven't got that far yet).

once i got too work i was quite useless: managed to write about three lines each time before my brain would give up again and i'd have to start all over trying to work out what i was doing... (clearly should have stayed home) but it got slightly better after a while (my brain got better at staying focussed, the rest of me still felt completely miserable).

when the sandwich vans came round the thought of sandwiches was still making me feel nauseous. the only food i could stomach the thought of was plain bread. which required me getting up and going to the shop, when i felt like i'd collapse walking from my desk to the kitchen...

eventually i managed to summon the energy to go out. weirdly, the moment i put my headphones on i felt much better. i do love music :-D so once again i was hard pressed not to dance down the street. managed to persuade myself that if i did dance, i'd be likely to collapse long before i got to tescos having wasted all my energy on the first hundred yards...

felt so much better when i got back that i had a wotsit sandwich instead of just plain bread. glenn and tino were most amused by it. pawel might have thought it funny but it's hard to tell... you can't get wotsits in switzerland so i haven't been able to have many wotsit sandwiches :-( i'll have to try and make up for that while i'm here.

after lunch i felt loads better (i.e. i no longer felt like curling up in a ball on the floor and waiting to die). got quite a bit of work done. (hurray, i'm finished with the divide instruction, i finished tidying up my code today, it's done!!!)

but around half past three i almost fell asleep. felt well enough to risk having a red bull, but it was completely useless. i was sitting next to sg at his desk while he was going through the code for the coprocessor and as he was talking my eyes kept closing. at first he was looking at the screen, so it wasn't so bad, but then he turned round to explain something to me and i still couldn't keep awake. very embarrassing... (still not a hundred percent sure he noticed though). i think i managed to look like i understood it, but i'll have to go through the code again carefully tomorrow to see what he was on about. took notes :-)

got my last yoghurt and another red bull from the fridge. as i opened the yoghurt it attacked me! why do yoghurts always do that to me?! i don't know anyone else who regularly gets completely covered in yoghurt just because they tried to open one... in the end i couldn't face drinking the second red bull and trying to make my brain reengage for another half hour so i tried to scurry off before sg could catch me again. he did manage to corner me one last time and i thought i'd be able to stay awake better if i didn't sit down. bad miscalculation. that kind of thing can be dangerous... but i got away again before i fell over, so that's all right ;-)

can't face another day like that though. staying in bed if i feel the same tomorrow morning!

i'm not looking forward to alpha now. hope i manage to stay awake. that reminds me: hurray, i brought the rejected red bull home with me. perhaps i should take it to alpha and drink it just before the talk begins. or will that look too bad? hmm...

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)