I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Sunday, December 10, 2006

failing miserably at volleyball...

we could have won both matches :-| and we definitely should have won the second one, we were better than them. but no, we lost. even though we'd won the first set in each game. blech :-(

i'm now completely battered. what an awful sport. managed to twist my ankle, gill forgot she wasn't playing middle today so when i landed from a hit her foot was where mine had been going (i.e. she was standing in my spot). my foot rolled off hers and i went splat. how lovely. (she was fine). it wasn't bad, i carried on playing and forgot about it after a while but it's not so good now and i'm a bit worried it'll get stiff in the night. not looking forward to the wonderful walk down the hill tomorrow morning :-|

it turns out those synthetic shirts slide well. i'm pretty sure that's the first time i've ever slid into the wall on my back :-) (i started on my front and rolled to get back up but it didn't work like i expected cause i was still going at such a speed...). i've run into walls before, but it was always controlled (i.e. i knew the wall was coming up and had started to slow down a bit. the way everyone always yells at me they obviously expect me to run head first into a wall without slowing down. what do they take me for?!)

the polyp couldn't see how the whole throwing yourself at the floor thing would work (it is quite hard to make yourself do it the first few times, but it kind of becomes natural, i find myself hitting the floor when there's no chance at all of ever getting the ball. and today i found myself on the floor (having reached the ball, hurray!) before i'd even consciously realised the ball was heading my way...). anyway, the polyp wanted to know how you land. so i tried to demonstrate the ideal way to do it, without actually hitting the floor. but he wanted a proper demonstration. so i threw myself at the kitchen floor. it was a good dive, completely painless (of couorse it's easier if you don't have to worry about getting the ball) but the polyp laughed himself silly. he hasn't got a clue :-D

all in all it was a good day, in spite of having to leave the house at 7.15 on a sunday morning, loosing both games, and further injuring myself. volleyball is great fun, i wouldn't miss it for anything :-D

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)