I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Monday, December 04, 2006

extra volleyball

hmm, i'm now supposed to be playing volleyball on sunday and saturday. that means i can't get too drunk friday night ;-) i've tried it before, i really can't play with a hangover. i jump as high as i can and my feet still barely leave the floor, so of course all my strikes hit the back wall, since it's hard to pull the ball down when it's lower than the top of the net (unless you pull it down on your own side of the net which isn't really the point...)

but the drinking thing isn't what's worrying me, i'm actually quite glad of the excuse ;-) it's easier to make myself drink less if i've got a specific reason other than just i'd rather not get shit-faced tonight. i hope my finger gets better by then and i really hope it can take playing two days in a row withoout trying to kill me. cause it's gone back to being quite stiff. i thought it was ok and leant on it quite hard friday night. turns out it's not completely better... and it hurts quite a bit if i get too enthusiastic when i'm playing the piano. ah well.

didn't actually want to play on saturday, it sounded like they had loads of players and they wanted to let people who wouldn't get a go in the actual league matches on sundays play, so they'd get some game practise. but in the end that all fell through and at the moment there seem to be six of us (the minimum required number for volleyball) including me available for saturday... ah well.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)