I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Monday, January 15, 2007

smelly shoes - what to do?

buy new ones of course!

my shoes still smelt when i left work in spite of having been sprayed with air freshener three times. i was going to go home to change them but then i thought this would be the ideal opportunity to buy some black and pink trainers, as i might still find some in the sales. so i went to cribbs on my way to helen's (went to helen's for tea, she lives just up the road from my piano teacher).

i'd almost given up as JD didn't have the shoes i liked in size 8 and the other shop didn't have shoes i liked at all. and of course i was in a hurry, didn't want to be late to helen's or i might have missed tea or been late for my lesson. but then i went into free spirit (or something like that) and they had some nice ones, and a size 8 too. i tried them on and only just took the off when i got home just now. when i was paying the shop girl said if i'd come in 5 minutes earlier they wouldn't have been out yet :-) hurrah for my new shoes :-D

charlie was impressed with my progress, don't think he's used to students who practise like mad. but since i've only got these 10 lessons (8 left now) before i go back to switzerland i've got to make the most of them, so i don't want to spend each lesson going over the same stuff cause i haven't improved...

he's given me two pieces to strum the chords to: father god i wonder (that was the first song out of mission praise i ever played on the piano) and green day's boulevard of broken dreams. fun! and he's also given me a cd full of worship songs complete with chords. hurrah!

good evening. but stuart going splat was still the highlight of my day :-D

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight: you went to a shoe shop with smelly shoes on? That's confidence for you :-D

Patrice    


Blogger Vickster said...

no, i went to three shoe shops with mud-covered, stinking shoes on. very embarrassing ;-)    


» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)