I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Monday, September 24, 2007

starting my master thesis

it seems my simpsons character has run away :( how annoying!

had my first meeting with hubert, the guy in charge of my master thesis (sorry, if i call it a dissertation swiss people think i'm having delusions of grandeur). he's given me my written mission statement (help it's a lot more difficult and just generally a lot more than i was expecting) and a ton of books for me to read. but not to worry, if i call in again on wednesday or thursday, he'll have two more books for me to read as well ;-)

at least i get to take christmas off: we're just going to pretend i started a week later. instead i only finish a week before the notenkonferenz (the meeting where the professors accept the final grades or reject them) which might not be in time for the professor to read it (though i'm not a hundred percent sure he does read it, i suspect it might just be hubert and norbert) so i might end up being finished in april, but not actually getting my degree until next october :( ah well, worse things happen at sea

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)