I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the phone just won't stop ringing!

i woke up this morning to a loud, confusing noise. well, when i say woke up i mean got up, or perhaps stood up. because i certainly wasn't awake! i lurched towards the bathroom, passing the source of the aggravating racket. it had to be stopped. my hand reached out, lifted the receiver and slammed it right back down again, never even breaking (my admittedly lurching) stride.

until... i woke up. and realised what i'd just done! oh crap, i hope it wasn't important...

i went back to bed and woke up again to the sound of the door bell ringing. still slightly befuddled, i initially thought it was the phone again. 'i'm not going to get it, i might slam it down again, best just to let it ring.' my brain doesn't really work properly until an hour or two after i've got up. by the time i realised it was the door bell this time, i couldn't be bothered to get up. 'anyway, i'm in my pyjamas. and it's probably just one of my sister's friends and she's away anyway...' were my more or less lucid rationalisations.

eventually whoever it was gave up and left.

this guy from the insurance company phoned up and went on and on at me about something and insisted i take a message for mum. i hope i can decipher it when she comes home, cause he himself wasn't particularly coherent and my writing is bad to start with, but when some german guy is mumbling at you down the phone at top speed, it starts looking rather hieroglyphic...

a friend of mine who works for a recruiting company phoned to give me some tips on my CV. that was the one good phone call today ;-)

then some woman trying to sell burglar alarms phoned up. i've had her on the line before. it's getting annoying. she did mention that she'd tried to phone this morning and not reached anyone... that cheered me up a bit :-)

i'm surprised the woman from the piano tuning company hasn't phoned again. yet. i should probably run away in case she does ;-)

i'm off to try fistball. hope i don't break anything...

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)