I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Saturday, November 25, 2006

i'm a moron who couldn't find her way out of a cardboard box...

got lost again. blame the pints. but to start from somewhere closer to the beginning...

we just went to the beaufort last night but it was good fun :-D can't be bothered to recount the whole conversation, not even all the funny bits. was very tempted to get out a notepad and start taking notes just to see how much people would freak out about it. but i'm lazy so i couldn't be bothered...

ended up just serrie, alistair and me. talking to serrie and alistair's fun :-) we had this long (i think it was long) discussion about faith and religion and stuff. i'm far from eloquent at the best of times, but after all those pints (i lost track exactly how many it was), forgetting not just what i was trying to say half way through a sentence but actually forgetting what the whole conversation was about, that is not really the ideal moment to try and explain to people why i believe in jesus... i just hope i didn't say anything really bad to make them more against it. i don't think i did... ;-)

in the end we decided to get a taxi back together. i think the taxi driver was a rubbish moron, cause he couldn't find it. it might have been my fault, but as far as i could tell he couldn't even find westbury (and i couldn't direct anyone to westbury unless it's from the downs or somewhere easy). i think he said he'd found falcondale road at some point and then he stopped and got out a map. at which point i said 'right, i'll find my way from here, it'll be fine'. serrie and alistair tried to stop me (clever people) but i insisted (moron me). i didn't even think to ask which way along the road to westbury...

i thought the place i got out of the taxi looked quite like where church is. for some reason my beer soaked brain seized on that and decided to use it as my stategy for finding home. thank you, i do realise that it was one of my most ridiculous plans ever! so i went left down some street, cause if i had been at church i'd have gone left at that point, and then right, cause if i'd been in westbury... you get the picture. have i mentioned that it was absolutely pouring with rain? and i cleverly thought i'd be home soon, and it wasn't that cold, so i didn't put my hood up... so i was completely drenched and freezing. turns out my new coat is waterproof though. hurray!!! but my jacket's sleeves were longer than the coat's sleeves and they were hanging out so my arms were sodden, too, right up to my elbows... :-(

i wandered for ages and ages. ended up on some road with clubs, where people were getting taxis. very strange, we can't work out where that was :-S there were bus stops, so i had a look to see if there'd be one i could catch. i didn't have a clue what time it was, never occured to me that it might be too late for busses. but cause my brain had latched onto another idea, that i was now on whiteladies road (not a clue why, cause i never saw the downs, so it couldn't have been), i wanted the bus number 1. i couldn't find a timetable for the number 1, and didn't bother even looking at the others. won't take second best ;-) (moron me). carried on for a little bit, but in the end i gave up and decided to take another taxi. there was one just standing there at the side of the road, so i opened the door to get in, but the girls already inside weren't too impressed ;-) oops... in the end i found one just for me though :-) the driver said i had to pay up front. good idea, it took me ages to find my wallet and then i found i'd spent all my money 8-| managed to scrape together the 10 pounds he wanted and we set off. in the opposite direction to where i'd been going of course... so i was freaking a bit, convinced i knew best (well the last taxi driver had been rubbish) and going 'why are you going this way, why are you going this way?'. it took ages to get home, i was somewhere completely wrong (as usual). but this guy did actually find it ;-) hurray!

i got to the door (took a while, cause the taxi just dumped me at the end of the road, yes, i know it's not a long road, i was a bit drunk and very wet and very miserable and rather tired...) and couldn't find my keys. still didn't have a clue what time it was, thought it was probably around ten or eleven or so. but i though the kids would be in bed so i didn't want to ring the door bell. did the usual knocking on the door, knocking on the window of the green room, tried the back door, nothing. still looking for my keys, but i was shivering so much i nearly dropped everything. gave up and got out my phone and found marion had texted me. still didn't look at the time. so i texted her back. but since i could hardly hold the phone, let alone hit the right keys, the text was slightly weird: 'an home now, act'v edu' meant to say can't find my keys, but the can't went wrong and the find seemed to be going wrong, so i gave up and sent it like that. after a while marion came down and let me in. this morning she told me i'd phoned her and my phone agrees. once she said that, i vaguely remembered it.

i'd said i'd text serrie and alistair when i got home. but i haven't got either of their numbers... so i texted stuart to ask him. good thing my phone knows the 'word' serrie, cause i was still shivering, dropped the phone twice in fact. couldn't face trying to spell alistair... 'have you got serrie or cliqucip's number?' but stuart didn't have the numbers either. ah well.

what an adventure... :-D (glad it's over though)

[edit: just realised i never mentioned what time it was when i got home. thought it was ten or eleven o'clock. it was half past one... oops. i wonder what time it was when i got out of the first taxi. will have to ask serrie on monday. and i really didn't have my keys, i'd forgotten to transfer them when i changed my jeans...]

[monday: now i know why i thought it was still quite early: it was only 10.30 when we got the first taxi, so i would have been around 11.30 that i left them... oops, quite a wander then, no wonder i got drenched]

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)