I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Friday, February 22, 2008

compromising my integrity

i've fixed my eth webpage. i've taken out the links to this blog, cause as far as i know it was the only way that linked my blog to my full name. it's the only way i've ever found my blog (indirectly) though google by typing in my name.

i know it's compromising my integrity as a freak who doesn't care who reads what on her blog, but it was just too weird. they asked me whether my second project went badly because i disliked the professor! i didn't realise where they got that random idea until the third interviewer told me she'd read the blog. then it became clear to me that they must also have read the eth page where i'd said i didn't recommend doing a project under that professor. i've taken it out now, more compromising... but the reason i specified the professor was that there are two professors in that lab with two completely different fields and i only have experience with the one and i don't know what the field's called...

the only criticism i have (other than the fact that he complained after our presentation that he hadn't understood how PLLs worked because we only explained them very quickly, assuming everyone else in that room knew more about PLLs than us anyway, and especially him, since we'd taken the diagrams out of his lecture notes!!!) is that his english is really horrible! every fifty or so swiss people, you come across one who sounds as if he were still speaking swiss german, when really it's meant to be english. and that professor's one of them. *shudders* but other than that, i have absolutely no reason to dislike him (and even for me that's to ridiculous a reason to actually dislike a person. he can't help being linguistically challenged...)

so anyway, from now on i hope not to have to field such bizarre-seeming questions at any job interviews i might have. trying hard not to think about the last one. still a week to go until i find out! gaaah!!!

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)