I am NOT SWISS and I DON'T SOUND SWISS either!

i'm a crazy welsh person (who grew up and lives in switzerland)





Tuesday, December 25, 2007

3 hours wrapping 4 presents!

i blame my friend pij! he seems to be a bit obsessive about wrapping every present uniquely superbly. sorry pij, but that's how it seems to me ;-). we've been chatting about this for quite a while now both online and face-to-face. in fact pij sent me a picture of his complete works of art cause i was so curious about the whole thing. hmm, i wonder if he'd let me post it. dörf i, pij? they look incredible. absolutely stunning.

problem is, now i start wrapping presents (not bad, i did it christmas eve this year, instead of waiting till tomorrow *g*) and feel like i've got to prove something. ok, so my presents are quite crap and now i feel a lot better about them, having spent almost an hour each on wrapping them. an hour per present?! that's just sick! it gets torn off in such a rush, what an awful waste of time! aww crap.

see, this present wrapping stuff confuses me.

i always took care to make them look nice and none ever looked the same. but this time i was freaky about it. the worst thing was, i did the first two and then tim comes along, looks at them and says 'they don't look christmassy. oh, they're nice, but not christmassy'... so i decided to cut out silver/grey stars and stick them on the blue paper to make it christmassy. except it turns out that my pad of coloured paper with 10 different colours doesn't have grey... guess what vicky does (at midnight, don't forget): she hunts up a pristine piece of white paper and colours it silver with a silver pencil... no wonder it took me ages...

if nobody notices how nicely i've wrapped the presents i'm gonna throttle pij! nothing personal of course, gäll du ;-)

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

I moderate comments, so they won't appear straight away. PLEASE don't leave ten versions of the same comment... ;-)